The towing capacity for the newly-launched GWM Ute range has been increased to 3000kg.
Initial homologation documentation for the GWM Ute listed the maximum towing capacity at 2250kg but the Ute has now been re-homologated and certified at a 3000kg towing capacity.
Maximum downball weight has now also increased to 300kg.
The increased towing capability will make an already strong overall package even more compelling. Bold exterior design combined with robust build quality, excellent safety credentials, superior comfort and segment-busting value are sure to make Australian ute buyers sit up and take notice.
Available in three 4×4 AT Dual Cab grades, the Cannon, Cannon-L and Cannon-X buyers can get into Australia’s newest Dual Cab ute from just $33,990 Driveaway.
The mid-grade Cannon-L is priced from an enticing $37,990 Driveaway while the range-topping Cannon-X is $40,990 Driveaway.
Newly designed and engineered from the ground-up, the GWM Ute has been conceived to break the mould of conventional Dual Cab utilities with a combination of style, safety, comfort, capability and value that Australian ute buyers will find hard to ignore.
With Morio Ikeda, experienced global engineer and Program Manager at the helm, the GWM Ute has been developed to world-class standards in the company’s advanced R&D centre by a team of highly skilled designers and engineers.
The result is the most advanced vehicle built so far by the rapidly growing GWM and one which is expected to spur the next stage of growth for the brand.
The initial line-up will consist of three 4×4 Dual Cab models, all powered by an upgraded 2.0 litre Turbo Diesel engine and ZF 8-speed automatic transmission.
Improvements to the 2.0 litre Turbo Diesel engine include increased engine outputs, improved fuel efficiency and new additions including a Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT), variable turbo inlet, and upgraded air intake throttle and camshaft.
These improvements have resulted in a more responsive driving experience across all applications.
Opening the GWM Ute range is the Cannon, priced from a highly competitive $33,990 driveaway with a 7-year Unlimited Km Warranty, 5 years Roadside Assist and with the following comprehensive list of features.
Powertrain and Chassis
- 2.0 litre Turbo Diesel engine with 120kW and 400Nm
- ZF 8-speed automatic transmission
- 4×4 drivetrain with Torque On Demand
- Rear Differential Lock
- Fuel economy: AT 4WD 9.4L per 100km
- Suspension – Front Double Wishbone and Rear Leaf Spring
- 4 wheel disc brakes
- Electronic Parking Brake + Auto Hold
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Traffic Sign Recognition & Overspeed Alert
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Reverse camera
- Kerbside camera (passenger side)
- Rear parking sensors
- 7 airbags incl front centre airbag
- Collision automatic unlock function
- Collision automatic fuel cut function
- Hill Start Assist
- Hill Decent Control
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Body-coloured bumpers, wheel arches & mirrors
- Power adjustable door mirrors
- LED headlights with auto on/off
- Daytime Running Lights
- Fog lamps with auto steering function
- Side steps
- Shark fin antenna
- Keyless entry
- Push button start
- Comfort-Tek (Eco Leather seats)
- Steering wheel controls
- Paddle shifters
- 9 inch LCD touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- 3.5 inch colour instrument cluster
- Power outlet for dash camera
- 12v power outlet
- 2 front USB ports & 1 rear USB port
- Driver’s side sunglasses storage